Guys Like Us is a man's retreat where we talk about the issues that affect us in the safe company of other men.
The retreat is based in our home in Pyrenean France from which we'll take shortish and easyish walks in the local terrain. These walks will be chosen to illustrate moments in history where what it means to be a man have had different expressions. Some days will be on foot, some vehicle-borne, some a combination. there could be pre-Roman, Roman, Christian, Pagan, Cathar, Crusader and Marquis (French Resistance) days.
About Pete Wilson
Pete is an ex-infantry solder (Grenadier Guards) with a 30-year background in Mountain Activities such as Cross-Country Skiing, Skiing, as well as Climbing, Kayaking and Mountain Biking. He is well equipped for any kind of unexpected situation, keeping a cool head at all times. (“I can vouch for that” – says Anaiya).
How the retreat part works
- Often a theme shows itself in conversation the night before or comes up during yoga.
- The location is chosen to illustrate this theme in some way.
- During the walk or visit participants will be encouraged to think about and talk to each other about the theme of the day
- On the walk or drive back and/or over supper open discussion about what we saw
- 08:00-09:00 Lite Kundalini Yoga with my wife Anaiya (warm-up)
- 09:00-10:00 Breakfast buffet
- 10:30-13:30 Morning activity
- 13:30-14:30 Lunch (We will daily go via somewhere to buy)
- 14:30-17:30 Second activity
- 17:30-19:00 Home (relax, shower, etc)
- 19:00-21:00 Supper at a local restaurant
(Grenadiers Guards: send me an e-mail)
- B&B in own or shared room
- All bedding & towels supplied
- All activity fees
- Evening meal at a local restaurant
- Lunch - I'll make sure you'll have chance to buy
- Airport transfer Toulouse €80/car load. Carcassonne €60
- Small rucksack (hand luggage size)
- Good walking boots
- Water carrier
- Walking poles if you have
- Small notebook
- £10 cash for lunch each day
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org