Poems and Prayers and Promises is a week long opportunity to immerse yourself in your own inner wisdom whilst embraced by the stunning nature surrounding our home in the foothills of the French Pyrenees. Getting at those unspoken or unwritten parts of you that wish to be...even need to be... whilst in the company of like-minded and like-spirited fellow wordsmiths. This could be the trigger of a new era of exploration within your own knowing yet crafted in the forum of nature herself.
What the week is not
It’s not meant for professional writers as such, although they are of course welcome. No one will be forced to read or publish what they have created.
What the week IS...
This retreat is an encouragement from Mother Nature to find your meaning in the words longing to be expressed by and through you. Participants will be encouraged to read aloud their creations, but the choice to do so will always be theirs. This could be done “on the road”, on foot, or even over dinner should they so wish.
Lunch or evening meal is included, depending on the rhythm of the day. We’ll let you know over breakfast what to bring and how we see things unfolding
These are dependant upon the group’s needs and the weather. When not raining we’ll be out at least half of the day, hopefully walking in the nature around some of the sacred and profane places pro and pre Vatican. We’ll make sure lunch possibilities are... possible.
About Pete Wilson
Pete is an ex-infantry solder (Grenadier Guards) with a 30-year background in Mountain Activities such as Cross-Country Skiing, Skiing, as well as Climbing, Kayaking and Mountain Biking. He is well equipped for any kind of unexpected situation, keeping a cool head at all times. (“I can vouch for that” – says Anaiya).
About Anaiya Sophia
Anaiya is a yoga teacher of nearly 20 years, and an author of six books on the Sacred Feminine. She has an extensive knowledge of the local region, especially the myths, legends and traditions. She is a natural adventurer and is at home when she is outdoors.
- The first two days are about yourself. Exploring what Poems and Prayers and Promises you would speak and write to your heart or that your heart would love to hear.
- The second two day concentrate on your closest companions; what Poems and Prayers and Promises you would like to share with them or they receive from you.
- The last two days are about the world within which you live, what Poems and Prayers and Promises you will make for the rest of your time here on earth. Who are we?
- 08:00-09:00 Kundalini Yoga together with Anaiya for an hour.
- 09:00-10:00 Breakfast Buffet
- 10:30-13:00 First location
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-16:00 Second location
- 19:00-20:00 Evening meal
- 21:30-22:00 Days’ closing circle
Join Anaiya and Pete: married couple living and loving in what we think is paradise in a forgotten shrine to The Mystery that underpins and predates all religious systems in the French foothills of The Pyrenées. We love it here, and we know you will too.